Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Technology has its moments


I have kept in touch with a dear lady from church for many years. She was my Sunday school teacher when I was 8 years old. Even though we moved, years later we found ourselves attending the same church again. This time I was in high school. Her husband had always been good friends with my dad so I knew them pretty well too. They attended my wedding and my baby showers. Over the years though my husband and I moved away we kept in touch over email. It has been very heart warming for me to correspond with this dear lady and to continue to receive letters and encouragement from her even though we are miles apart.
This past year her husband passed away. She knew he was in a better place but was still heartbroken. Two weeks after he passed was their 60th anniversary. Her daughter came down to spend the day with her, take her out to lunch and celebrate their memories. During the day she asked her daughter to help her learn how to retrieve messages on her cell phone. You can imagine her surprise when she heard a message from her husband, who weeks ago had left a message on her phone while he was in the hospital. He told her how much he loved her and missed her. Imagine technology can sometimes lose important things, delete photos, or crash and make us restart all over, but in this one time it held on to something more important then one can imagine and gave it back just when it was needed.

No comments: