Thursday, June 24, 2010

Outpouring of Love

I thought I would follow up on a recent post below. Two weeks ago I posted about my friends baby who was in the hospital with seizures. It was such a helpless feeling to be so far away. With the help of many, her older children were provided for, her needs while at the hospital were met and more then anything a sense of community coming together was felt. People all over the nation sent help.
What touches me more then anything, is a complete stranger to us, yet a sister in Christ, was able to go be with our friend at the hospital. A much needed shoulder to cry on, and arm to hold up. My heart was filled knowing that kindness and compassion are not dead.
The baby is doing much better now after 11 days in the hospital. Mom, Dad and baby are being reunited with their family today. I feel so blessed to have been a part in helping.

On a side note, while the families kids were here it became quite apparent they had not packed to be away from home for more then a day. Families from our group stepped up to purchase clothing for these kids. A simple way to show we loved them. Two boys I know took their own money and their own clothes to these kids. When I asked why they wanted to give, the reply was, " they really needed it and I have it to give."

No comments: